Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The First Kids Business Fair

These are some fun pictures from the Frazier family. They worked so hard! Here is what Audrey had to say about the event: "The Entrepreneur Fair was so great, Tammy! Thanks just doesn't seem enough for all you did so close to delivering a new baby. Amazing! Every member of my family participated and it was good for us all. I kept thinking, "This is so good. This is so right. This is the perfect thing for us to be doing." It reminded me of my feelings while at the homeschool conference last weekend. For some reason, two separate people asked if I were in charge and when I said no, wanted to know WHO the organizer was. They raved about the entire thing and were surprised, awed, moved, and inspired. It really was a sweet sight to behold! I wanted to buy more than I did. There were so many genuinely talented kids with valuable products to offer. (Maybe those kids could try selling at the Cache Valley Gardner's Market. Last year it was only $1 for a card table size spot for kids.) We learned so much and look forward to another opportunity like this!"

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Could you give us more info on what you did to set it up? Were you required to get any permits? Sales tax? I would love to do this in my area.
    Heidi
    HomeEcHeidi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't get any permits for this first event. I had wanted to see the level of interest. Now, I am working with the city that we are doing it in and they might even give us a free permit. The local Health Dept is limiting us on what we can do though. We have to follow their protocol. Check with your area. I am sorry to even have too say that! Read more here:

    http://web.gbtv.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=21697609&topic_id=&tcid=vpp_copy_21697609&v=3

    ReplyDelete