Sunday, February 19, 2012

The First Fair was a Great Success!

We had about 50 tables or "spots" set up and it was great! We were well attended with great traffic. We only had about 3-4 weeks to put this whole thing together and it came together wonderfully. We had about 30 large posters with balloons plastering the whole area. We had 4 simple newspaper ads. Most of the advertising was done by word of mouth and online. I am not sure what the numbers were exactly, but estimates so far have been right around 200-300? The kids were creative, outgoing, and ambitious. I know that many times the 4 ft walkways were so congested it was easier to turn around and continue looking the other way. I was very impressed with all of the kids. It is obvious that a lot of thought, preparation and hard work went into their projects. I, myself, had a lot of fun shopping and seeing what the other children had come up with. I know there were several who SOLD OUT! That is astonishing as it was ONLY a 2 hour event! If you attended, I would certainly appreciate and love feedback so we can make the next one even better! I would also love to have some pictures to post. You can email them to me at wcheftammy@msn.com I hope that all who participated felt that it was worth their efforts and that the kids learned from their experiences.

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting breathlessly to hear more about this project! My own children have done a number of things through the years to earn money and I am strongly considering encouraging them to set up a similar entrepreneur fair in our area! Would it be problematic if we "borrow" (or copy off of) your idea - we would tweak it to make it our own :)?

    ReplyDelete